Mesh can be a difficult material to clean compared to other materials and it can be particularly difficult to remove deep stains that have been on the sneaker for a long time, so it's wise to clean your sneakers regularly.
Keep reading to read our step by step guide to clean mesh sneakers.
- Brush off any dry dirt on the surface of the sneaker upper with a soft shoe-cleaning brush.
- Add w’air pre-treatment to any stained mesh. Allow this to be absorbed into the mesh for at least 30 minutes. For deeper stains, we recommend adding pre-treatment the night before.
- Add 4 pumps of w’air detergent along with cold water to the w’air tank.
- Hover the w’air wand over the upper and move in small circular motions over the sneaker. Keep the wand 15cms away from the mesh. For a deeper clean, hold the wand directly on the mesh, but don’t do this for longer than 5 seconds to prevent a build-up of pressure.
- Place the w’air inside the sneaker and clean the inside of the mesh as this can improve the overall appearance of the outside of the sneaker.
- If the stains are stubborn, use a sneaker cleaning brush after using the w’air in order to allow the detergent to penetrate even further into the material, targeting deeper stains.
- Add a new tank of clean cold water and use the w’air wand to rinse the sneaker, ensuring all dirt and excess solution is removed.
Results - Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2
We cleaned this pair of Yeezys by following the mesh guidelines and leaving the pretreatment on the mesh for 30 minutes at the start.
Canvas TrainersCLEAN CANVAS
It’s really easy to keep your canvas sneakers, like Converse or Vans, looking their best by regularly cleaning them.
Sneaker Cleaning 101READ GUIDE
W’air is a handy cleaning device that is great for cleaning sneakers. Read our full cleaning guide.
Leather TrainersCLEAN LEATHER
Leather trainers can withstand more wear than canvas or mesh, but they should still be cleaned with care.